[Zope-CMF] standard_html_header edit creates error

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 21:59:31 +0200

Kelley, Sean writes:
 > I added breadcrumbs to my standard_html_header and it works fine until I try
 > to add a new objects to CMF via the NEW option.  Then I get a site error.
Apparently, there is an error in your "breadcrumbs" method.
It seems to get triggered when it hits an incomplete object (one
that was just created empty and now needs to get elementary meta data
and/or content, such as e.g. the title).

 > I have added the breadcrumbs dtml reference just above the left box in the
 > custom folder of skins.  The my_breadcrumbs dtml object is also stored in
 > custom.  Is there a better place or way of doing this?
The behaviour should not depend on the location of your "my_breakcrumbs".

 > I can use the breadcrumbs while navigating through the site but after trying
 > to add a new item I get a site error before I can see the 'edit metadata"
 > page.  The object is listed in the folder listing afterwards however.
 > Site Error
 > An error was encountered while publishing this resource.
 > SystemError
 > Sorry, a site error occurred.
Look at the HTML source. You should see a traceback and (near its end)
the location where the exception has been raised.

Dieter