[Zope-CMF] DCWorkflow review_state

Luca Olivetti luca@wetron.es
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 00:02:55 +0200

Damon Eckhoff wrote:
> I have created a DCWorkflow and it is now working.  Underneath the Variables
> tab, at the bottom of the form, there is a place to change the
> state_variable name.  By default, it is set to 'state'.  I finally figured
> out that to get the state to show up in the actions box I had to change this
> variable to 'review_state'.  It took a while to figure this out.... Okay,

Or modify the action box to use your variable instead of/in addition to
review_state (you may need to use different variables for different
workflows, I had to at least to avoid showing in workslists objecs that
weren't associated to the specific workflow[*], it all depends on what
you want to do)

[*] you can accomplish that by using different variables for each
workflow or carefully choosing state names to avoid repeating them in
various workflows. I find the former cleaner and clearer, at the expense
of having one more index in the catalog -- if you use a different
variable remember to add the corresponding index to the catalog.

> fine.  My question is, why does the form say 'be careful'?

Because if you already have objects created with the old variable they
will lose their state (if I remember correctly). No problem for new
workflows with no objects yet.

--
Luca Olivetti