[Zope-CMF] replacing CMF tools?

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
27 Jun 2002 09:08:24 -0400

 - http://cmf.zope.org/design/system_architecture

> For example, I want to replace portal_memberdata with my own subclass
> of MemberDataTool.
>
> I'd like to do this to an existing CMF site, if possible, for quicker
> testing.

Basically, you just delete it in the ZMI and add a new instance of
your tool under its name.  As long as you implement the tool's
interface, everything should just work.  You can add an instance of
the stock tool by selecting "CMF Default Tool" from the add list,
and then selecting "Memberdata tool" from the factory form.

Tres.