[Zope-CMF] Lost in SkinSpace!

Jon Edwards jon@pcgs.freeserve.co.uk
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 17:13:58 +0100

Thanks for the pointer, Roger. I check Zopelabs regularly, but somehow
missed that one! :-)

I kinda follow how that recipe works, but I think it would be very difficult
to "automate" it, rather than just setting it up once and leaving it. ie. I
want to give the site-manager a dropdown on the folder_edit_form, where they
can pick from a list of skins, and change the selection at any time, if
necessary.

The comment from dreamcatcher at the bottom is more what I'm after. I'm not
sure, but I think my proposed hack would have the same effect, as the code
he suggests modifying calls the getSkin function I was going to change?

I'm happy to hack/subclass source code, it's just that in this case I'm not
sure where's the best place to do the hack, and whether it will have any
unintended effects! :-)

Cheers, Jon