control over deleting objects (was Re: [Zope-CMF] fine grained permissions for adding objects)

David (Hamish) Harvey david.harvey@bristol.ac.uk
Sun, 30 Jun 2002 01:07:41 +0100

--On Saturday, June 29, 2002 18:34:00 +0200 Jens Wolk <jewo_lists@gmx.de>
wrote:

> Am Samstag, 29. Juni 2002 15:50 schrieb Jens Wolk:
>
>> How do I set different permissions for the creation of two different
>> kinds of objects from the same python based CMF product?
>>
>> I have two classes in a product, let's call them ManagerContent and
>> MemberContent. In the CMF site to be created, only Managers should be
>> able to create ManagerContent objects, but both Managers and Members
>> should be able to create MemberContent. ManagerContent and MemberContent
>> objects lie in the same folders.
>
> I just realised that this won't work. The idea was that MemberContent and
> ManagerContent lie in folders which are *not* owned by a Member. But this
> means that a MemberContent object which lies in such a folder can not be
> deleted even by the owner of this object unless he/she has the 'Delete
> objects' permission granted for *the folder*. In turn, if this is case,
> the  Member can delete the ManagerContent objects in this folder as well
> (although  he/she isn't owner), which is no good.

On a related subject, is it possible to block a member from deleting a
specific object while not stopping them from deleting other objects in that
folder? For example, could I allow a user to edit but not delete their
index_html in their memberarea? Or all documents but nothing else?

Cheers,
Hamish