[Zope-CMF] tracker #485

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 30 Jun 2002 23:24:00 +0200

Florent Guillaume writes:
 > I'm trying to understand Tracker #485 to fix it.
 > http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK/Tracker/485
 >
 > Dieter writes:
 > > The Membership-Tool allows to "turn on member folder creation".
 > >
 > > If set, a member folder is created for users identified by
 > > an external user folder but the creation of the default
 > > document fails (that what on sees). In fact, fixing the
 > > owership fails, too (but that is not a big problem).
 > >
 > > The cause is a "user= acl_users.getUser(member_id).__of__(acl_uasers)"
 > > Because the local user folder does not define this member,
 > > it returns "None" and of course, "None does not have attribute __of__".
 >
 > I don't understand how authenticating from an external user folder can
 > possibly work anyway.
 >
 > ... problems when members are authenticated outside the CMF ...
It is very handy, when e.g. the site manager is able to be almost
a member. With the patch, this works quite well.

  It is not a problem that such members are not listed.
  "getMemberById" might be a bigger problem but I never
  met it.

The "member creation flag" existence seems to indicate, that this use case
was planned.

Dieter