[Zope-CMF] Paying Portals & Progress

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
05 Mar 2002 08:43:23 -0700

On Mon, 2002-03-04 at 00:14, Chris Withers wrote:
> BZ wrote:
> >
> > 4) At end of PayPal there is a "return_url"  which I set with the
> > memberID and another parameter that when they come back sets the
> > active=Y.
>
> Cool, Nice easy site to hack :-)

There is more to it than that. You can use their "instant payment
notification", which involves them submitting a post to your site, which
you then process, send a confirmation back to theirs which then will
confirm or deny the transaction. I would be happier if their post URL
was in https though.

I have a small python module that handles this.

--
Bill Anderson
Linux in Boise Club                  http://www.libc.org