[Zope-CMF] CMF Plone missing edit scripts

alan runyan alan runyan" <runyaga@runyaga.com
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 10:12:49 -0600

NOTE: Your last email was in HTML, Please **DO NOT ** send HTML to the
mailing list Format -> Plain Text.

> I am just starting to learn about CMF. I have just installed the Plone =
> 0.9.9 skin onto CMF 1.2 on Zope 2.5.0. on Windows2000

did you grab the latest ? 0.9.9 Preview Release 5?
http://plone.org/download/download/CMFPlone.0.9.9PR5.tar.gz/file_view

> I am trying to create a Document and a News Item but I find that the =
> document edit form and the news edit form both do not display body text =
> input area.

are you attempting to use Plone DHTML?  This is no longer available.  make
sure you are using Plone Default skin.
go into 'my preferences' and change this (then flush cache and delete
cookies)

> Now I'm still coming to grips with ZPT but I can work out that that =
> there is a Python script involved. I looked for EditableBody but could =
> not find it. In both cases, how does python.request.get work. Why isn't =
> this working for me?

Plone is heavily ZPT oriented.  EditableBody is a method on the current
object.
if you do a filesystem grep you will find 'EditableBody' I believe you will
find
it either in NewsItem.py or Document.py in Products/CMFDefault

more ZPT info can be found at:
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Articles/ZPT1
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Articles/ZPT2

~runyaga