SV: [Zope-CMF] Cookie Crumbler Weirdness

Joerg Lehmann joerg@luga.de
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 14:00:26 +0100

On 10.03.02, Magnus Heino wrote:
> > On a particular installation of CMF Site (there are other CMF sites on
> > the same server, but they don't exhibit the same problem) - when I
> > attempt to log in, it verifies the login as ok but doesn't set any
> > cookies beside __ac_name ... this happens on different computers with
> > all types of browsers (Netscape 4.79, IE 5.5, IE 6.0, Mozilla 0.9.8).
> >
> > Setup:
> > Apache 1.3.23 w/mod_proxy
> > Zope 2.5.0
> > CMF 1.2
> > Using SiteRoot
>
> There is a discussion going on in zope-dev about this. There is a bug
> somewhere...

I just read the thread on zope-dev, but there didn't seem to be a conclusive
answer. The only thing I can add to this discussion is that downgrading to
Apache 1.3.22 fixed the bug for me. So this problem seems to be rooted in
some changes in mod_proxy from Apache 1.3.22 to 1.3.23.

Greetings,

	Joerg