[Zope-CMF] Emulating <dtml-var... In a CMF document

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 10:01:13 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Carlson, Christopher W. wrote:

> Thanks!  You've certainly given me a lot to think about.
>
> As a followup question, I have this: The only place I've used this
> particular call is in index_html at the root of my site.  If I create a DTML
> document, it (obviously) doesn't include any of the skin.  What's the
> appropriate way to create a one-off index_html document that plays well with
> a CMF site?

Have a look at the 'index_html.dtml' skin method in the
CMFDefault/skins/generic directory:  it looks for the presence of
a 'local_html' method in the folder, and renders it if found;  otherwise,
it displays a generic view of the folder.

Tres.
Zope Corporation      "Zope Dealers"       http://www.zope.org