[Zope-CMF] Compound elements status

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 07:43:41 +0000

Hi Seb,

seb bacon wrote:

> I have made a compound elements tool which we have been using in
> production for about 8 months.  It works correctly with workflow and
> searching, and allows you to construct composite components recursively
> (e.g. you can make a 'image & text' component out of 'image' and 'text'
> components).  It also allows you to define slots on template Types which
> are the components which are added to a skinned folder automatically,
> when that folder is added to a location.
>
> However, I am not happy releasing it without full documentation and a
> refactoring.  If there is interest and enough people bug me a may get
> round to it sooner rather than later, but I'm *really* busy at the
> moment.

Chuck me the code :-)

I'll happilly refactor and write tests and there's a bit of very cool
functionality I'd like to add.
I'll do all this on a branch in the CMF CVS, so everyone else can get access to
it.

If someone else would volunteer to document it all, then we'd have the problem
sorted...

cheers,

Chris