[Zope-CMF] Proposal: CMF Topic with sub-topic.

kent kent@goathill.org
18 Mar 2002 18:36:45 GMT

On 14 Mar 2002 08:30:01 -0600, Tres Seaver wrote:
> A re-implementation should depend only on public interfaces of
> the catalog, and should be immune to the "staleness" problem.
> I can't think of a good way to do this in Zope 2 without creating
> a specialized index type.  The TopicIndex type, which will be
> available in Zope 2.6, might be useful here:
>
>   http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/TopicIndexes

This is starting to look suspiciously like what I have been wanting
for a very long time (typically done with an acyclic directed graph)
- be able to create a heirarchy of query filters, possibly overlayed
with the tree-tag.

Am I correct here?

BTW, how do you perform the equivalent of the tree tag in Page
Templates?