[Zope-CMF] How do I set up Workflow using CMF?

suresh vaidyanathan sureshvv@hotmail.com
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 07:09:26

Thanks, Jens, for your reply.

> > Now I am not sure how to create docs. that will use the workflow.
> > My portal says "Syndication is disabled". Do I need to enable it?
>
>Syndication is not needed.
>As far as i know do the following:
>
>- create a portal type in the types tool (portal_types contents tab)
>- create a new workflow in the workflow tool (contents tab)
>- associate the new portal type with the new crated workflow (workflows
>tab)
>   in the workflow tool
>
>I hope this helps.

I did all these steps.
The new portal type I set to: "Factrory based Type Information".
For "Use default type Information", I set that to "CMFDefault: Document"

I am able to create a new object of my type. It behaves just like a default
document and I do not see any workflow state associated with it and have no
idea how I can use the transitions on it.

Am I missing another step to make this connection?

Thanks again for your help.

Suresh