[Zope-CMF] [Bug] Publication workflow ineffective

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 22:47:49 +0100

Florent Guillaume writes:
 > I consider that behaviour normal, the standard way to search a document
 > in CMF is to search on review_state='published', which eliminates
 > documents in the 'visible' state.
This is not the case in my CVS version of CMF (from end of January).

And I do not think, it should be that way:

  *  Reviewers, Managers and the document owner should still be
     able to find non-published objects through a search
     (as was the case, before the "visible" introduction)

  *  tying catalog searches to the "review_state" would make it more
     difficult to integrate additional workflows with CMF.

 > Dieter Maurer  <dieter@handshake.de> wrote:
 > > I just encountered a problem that has already been addressed in the mailing
 > > list several times:
 > >
 > >   Using DCWorkflow "CMF default workflow [Revision 2]" the publication
 > >   workflow is ineffective, as all "visible" content is also globally
 > >   searchable, i.e. published.
 > >
 > > I think, this is due to the fact, that searchability is
 > > controlled by "allowedRolesAndUsers" which in turn depends
 > > on the "View" permission, and that the "visible" state has
 > > to grant "View" to "Anonymous" in order to make this document
 > > visible. But, this, too, makes it searchable.
 > >
 > > The best solution, I see at the moment, would be to introduce
 > > a new permission "Search" used by "allowedRolesAndUsers"
 > > while "View" controls individual viewing.
 > >
 > > Of course, this would not be nice, as "Search" should usually be
 > > stricter than "View" and will often be identical to "View".
 > > Are there better ideas?

Dieter