[Zope-CMF] child class behaves like PortalFolder

Jens Wolk jewo_lists@gmx.de
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 14:53:04 +0100

Am Mittwoch, 20. März 2002 13:28 schrieben Sie:

[...]

> > However, my folderish "CMF zyp Category" behaves like it was a
> > PortalFolder (its parent class) and I don't know why. (If I - for example
> > - click on "Edit" for the object myZypCategory then
> > myZypCategory/folder_edit_form is called instead of
> > myZypCategory/zyp_category_edit_form)

[...]

> > I hesitate to add white noise to this ML by posting the complete
> > sourcecode. So please point your browser to
> > http://www.jenswolk.de/zypContentCategory.htm

> That looks OK;  please look at the "Actions" tab of your 'zypCategory'
> type object and see what values are in the fields there.  If they still
> have the "stock" values for folders, then you should re-create the
> type object:

Thank you for your hint. The settings here seem to be OK (pointing to the
right *.dtml files).

>    - Delete your 'zypCategory' object from the types tool.
>    - Re-add it, using your product's type as a base.

I did that, just to be sure. But it's still the same thing. (For new
instances, too)

It seems as if the object is created as a "PortalFolder", not a
"zypCategory": in the portal_types tool I set an icon for the zypCategory
class, but still the normal folder icon is shown. If I look at the folder
contents of the folder in which the zypCategory object lies, and set the View
Filter to show only "zypCategory", it is not listed. However, if I select
"Folder" instead, it is listed.

Why might this be so?

Jens