[Zope-CMF] [Bug] Publication workflow ineffective

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 16:53:14 +0000 (UTC)

>  > I consider that behaviour normal, the standard way to search a document
>  > in CMF is to search on review_state='published', which eliminates
>  > documents in the 'visible' state.
> This is not the case in my CVS version of CMF (from end of January).

Right, I'm biased by all the customization I make.

The thing is, allowedRolesAndUsers is there for one fundamental purpose:
that the catalog shouldn't return objects which the user won't be able
to see anyway.

You want to add to its semantics to make it deal with searchability. I
don't think that's needed or wanted.

I think a solution to you problem would be to add a workflow variable
called "Searchable", which would be set only if in the "published"
state, and which you would require when doing searches. That way you
aren't tied to the specific "review_state" variable.

Florent