[Zope-CMF] Xron question (was: DCWorkflow question)

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 23:11:47 +0100

Bert Vanderbauwhede writes:
 > I've been thinking to do this by calling the mail-script by xmlrpc. But is
 > there a way to do this securely?
What do you mean by this?

  Do you fear someone sees the password in your script?
     Restrict the read permission for the script or
     store it encrypted and start it with a specialed wrapper.

  Do you fear someone intercepts the password on the wire?
     Fear that too for HTTP connections.
     I think, you can use XMLRPC over HTTPS. This would eliminate
     this thread (search comp.lang.python)

  Do you fear network problems such that you do not know
  whether the mail has been send or not?
     That would also be a problem for HTTP or even when
     called inside Zope.
     Check the mail servers log file, in case there is any doubt.

Dieter