[Zope-CMF] Problems with virtual hosting and CMF 1.2

Alastair Burt burt@dfki.de
27 Mar 2002 13:54:38 +0100

When I use CMF 1.2 to set up a site fronted by Apache, I have serious
problems.  My Apache rewrite rules and Zope's SiteRoot (or
VirtualHostMonster) seem to be doing the right thing: the public URL's get
redirected to my Zope host and all the links on the web pages have the
correct public form, but I can do very little with the site. When I log in
from the main page, I am presented with a "login success" page. Clicking on
any link from there, however, leads me to pages where the link to login is
still there, i.e. I do not really seem to be logged in and clicking on the
roster link, for example, just repeats the fruitless login process over
again. I have no problem using the site with non-virtual URL's. Can anyone
explain, what might be going wrong?

My search through the mailing list archives did not turn up anything
useful, which suprised me slightly. I would have thought that many people
would be using Apache in front of CMF 1.2. I do not know what could be
special about my case.

--- Alastair