[Zope-CMF] Problems with virtual hosting and CMF 1.2

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 14:08:53 +0000

Tres Seaver wrote:

> Alastair,
>
> We know of a problem with certain versions of Apache stripping
> cookies when proxying for Zope:
>
>    http://collector.zope.org/Zope/267
>
> Here is notification about the bug from ApacheWeek:
>
>    Proxy users thinking of upgrading to Apache 1.3.23 should be aware
>    that there is a bug ([5]PR#9655) in the handling of responses which
>    set more than one cookie, and may wish to wait for the 1.3.24
>    release before upgrading.

Yeah, well, 1.3.24 is out and it don't work either ;-) Stick with 1.3.22 if you wish to
remain sane.

> The workaround seems to be to change the name of the cookie used
> by the CookieCrumbler from '__ac' to some other string.

That workaround doesn't work ;-) (well, at least for me...)

Going back to 1.3.22 solved the problem for the customer, but when I go through our proxy
to their site, it still doesn't work in prettymuch the same way.

Any ideas?

cheers,

Chris