[Zope-CMF] Allow anonymous to view unedited document until edited document is approved

Jo Meder jo@meder.de
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 20:07:47 +0100

Am 27.03.2002, 19:20 Uhr
	schrub Lesley Lam <llam@deas.harvard.edu>:

> When in the publish state,
> an Editor can retract the document for editing, which will place it in the
> private state.  The Editor can then edit the document, submit it and wait
> for the Reviewer to approve or reject it.  During this process, I would
> like the anonymous viewer to be able to view the 'old' document. Only
> after the Reviewer has approved the document and it is in the publish
> state, can the anonymous viewer view the 'new' document.

My workaround was to copy-paste the object programmatically to another
id (editobj_%s, %s being the original id), submit the copy to editing
and copy it back when publishing takes place.

This aproach has some problems (mainly when people start editing and
"forget" to publish later) but most of the time it works pretty well.

	Jo.

--
Internetmanufaktur Jo Meder ---------------------- Berlin, Germany
http://www.meder.de/ ------------------- fon: ++49-30-417 17 63 33