[Zope-CMF] CMF 1.2 and ZPT

Carl Rendell cer@sol43.com
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 10:43:44 -0800

I posted a 'piggy back' message to one from Chris Withers, but as
he pointed out it was not appropriate so I'll add a new one.

I've just installed CMF 1.2 running in the Zope 2.4.3 environment
with the intent of moving from dtml to zpt.

I'm experiencing what to me is strange behavior in the zmi.

As with dtml, I started to edit the page templates supplied in the
portal skins folder by selecting say index_html from zpt_generic,
making some edits, and reviewing them in the custom skins folder.

Upon review I find the changes are not in the new version. I can
change templates outside of zope with a text editor and upload
those.. when they are created as new page template objects.

Anyone have insight into this behavior. I'd hate to be forced into
always working outside of zope for even minor changes.

~C

Carl E. Rendell
Solution43
Information Distribution Consulting        |   "Ahhhh the power of
cer@sol43.com                              |    acquisition"  - Chef Z