[Zope-CMF] CMF Folder + Metadata?

Duane Raymond Duane.Raymond@Virgin.net
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 15:24:23 -0000

Hi,

I want to modify the CMF folder object to be able to have the same metadata
as other objects and then have sub-objects (i.e documents) inherit this
metadata by default or enable or to be overridden on a per object basis.
This is so I can group different types of objects/content together in a
folder which generally will have the same metadata.

What I wish to know is:
1) has this been considered before (couldn't find anything on the lists) and
if so
   a) has anyone done an implementation
   b) are others interested in using this type of functionality
   c) is it be something that should be in future version of the CMF

2) If nothing like it exists - is someone interested in working with me to
develop and test it? (I'm only at medium zope/cmf level and learning fast -
but would need some help) - I'd be working from the CMF AMP (Advanced
Metadata Product) which I believe will be in the next CMF version?

3) Would this have any implications on other aspects of the CMF?

4) Is there an alternate/better way of doing this that already exists?

Cheers,

Duane
Using: CMP 1.3 AMP (10012002-1417) on Zope 2.6 on Win98