[Zope-CMF] Migrating existing wiki content to CMFWiki / ZWiki

Gordon Ingram gordon.ingram@OrbisUK.com
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 11:11:06 -0000

Thanks for your reply Jean.

OK, I understand that there are some advantages to storing the content in
the ZODB - e.g. easy versioning.

Not sure if I understand your second point though. Say that the URL for my
personal page is http://zope.orbisUK.com/wiki/GordonIngram. If I point my
browser to that URL, the resource that I pull back comes preformatted by
Zope and (under the Plone skin) includes navigational etc metadata in a
header, a footer and two sidebars. It also implicitly includes access
control metadata that determines whether I can access the resource in the
first place. Am I wrong in presuming that ftp, WebDav, wget or sitecopy will
all pull back the same preformatted stuff from the same URL? (I suppose that
I could screen-scrape it with LWP or something but that seems a little
messy.)

What I would like is some method of exporting all the pure wiki data from a
site, without bothering about the Zope-specific metadata. More pressingly,
some method of importing a load of pure wiki data to a Zope installation,
and automatically creating appropriate Zope metadata. Does anyone know of a
script, for example, that can take a directory and add every file within the
directory as a CMFWiki page? I'm sure it's not too difficult to do. Just
surprises me that it's not part of the standard ZMI.

(Sorry if this is a little off-topic by the way: I looked for a more
specific CMFWiki mailing list on http://www.zope.org/Resources/MailingLists
but couldn't find one.)

Cheers,

Gordon Ingram