[Zope-CMF] Re: Migrating existing wiki content to CMFWiki / ZWiki

Simon Michael simon@joyful.com
Tue, 05 Nov 2002 09:41:15 -0800

"Gordon Ingram" <gordon.ingram@OrbisUK.com> writes:
> What I would like is some method of exporting all the pure wiki data from a
> site, without bothering about the Zope-specific metadata. More pressingly,
> some method of importing a load of pure wiki data to a Zope installation,
> and automatically creating appropriate Zope metadata. Does anyone know of a
> script, for example, that can take a directory and add every file within the
> directory as a CMFWiki page? I'm sure it's not too difficult to do. Just
> surprises me that it's not part of the standard ZMI.

Gordon,

be assured there are multiple ways to do the things you describe, if you
decide to explore zope/zwiki. Here's a few pointers:

- load_site.py (in SOFTWARE_HOME/utilities)

- automate web api operations with wget/curl scripts

- http://zwiki.org/HowToCreateZWikiPagesWithPut then bulk upload via ftp/webdav

- use the alternate storage which keeps all zope objects on the filesystem
  (DirectoryStorage ?)

Regards,
-Simon