[Zope-CMF] CMFStaging is causing python to dump core (Skinned Folders can al so cause python to dump core)

THoffman@indtech.wa.gov.au THoffman@indtech.wa.gov.au
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 11:54:49 +0800

Hi

I am trying to get CMFStaging to work
(from the code I understand what needs to happen, but the practicality
of making it work is proving far more difficuilt ;-(

I am running Zope 2.6.0 on Solaris 8, with Python 2.1.3
and a snapshot of CMF from CVS as of 2002/11/04

(a side note,  recent changes Transition.py in DCWorkflow
mean you can't add DCWorkflows to the workflow_tool
I have lodged a Collector issue on that ;-)

Anyway if I use the Repository Aware workflow_tool from CMFStaging
and add a DCWorkflow (after editing Default.py so that I can add a
workflow) the minute I try and render any page (not through ZMI) python
is dumping core.

Which I believe should not happen. I haven't added a Collector
just yet as I haven't tracked down exactly where it is happening.

I do know if the VersionRepository object is not present in the portal
the core dump doesn't occur as we get a attributeError can't find the
repository) so I know it is somewhere in the CMFStaging Repository
machinary.

On another side note I can get python to dump core consistantly if
I create a SkinnedFolder and don't give it's 'View' action in
portal_types Actions an action method (ie leave it blank)
Could someone try it on Linux or some other platform other than Solaris.
I will also lodge a collector on it. (Actually I suppose this should be
a bug against python, if I could work out why ;-)

Anyway using truss on python never gives me a great deal of
detail when tracking down core dumps, and I am not that great
at reading core files. I am going to keep adding debug python code
but so I can narrow down the actual python code, but I believe
is unlikely to help me determine why python is going belly up ;-)

Can any one suggest any good ways to further track down exactly why
python is dumping core, as I it not should happen at all.

Thanks in advance

regards

Tim hoffman

DISCLAIMER: This email, including any attachments, is intended only for use
by the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or personal information
and may also be the subject of legal privilege. Any personal information
contained in this email is not to be used or disclosed for any purpose other
than the purpose for which you have received it. If you are not the intended
recipient, you must not disclose or use the information contained in it. In
this case, please let me know by return email, delete the message
permanently from your system and destroy any copies. Emails and their
attachments may be interfered with, may contain computer viruses or other
defects and may not be successfully replicated on other systems. All
attachments are opened at the recipient's risk.