[Zope-CMF] Design issues for intranet: storing files

Heimo Laukkanen huima@fountainpark.org
Fri, 08 Nov 2002 18:13:11 +0200

Hi all,

I am starting soon to do an intranet project for a customer, and will be
using Zope + CMF + Plone combination. I'm sure about anything else, but
storing larger files - 3 to 20 megs or even more per file - in ZODB.

Now my question is, what kind of solutions people have had - and has
there been any problems? I would not want to run into a tree after we
have a whole lot of files allready in the ZODB ,-)

Here are my thougths:

1) Propably for the intranet I will set up a new Zope instance with own
ZODB and cron script to pack it every day

2) Option would be to use ExternalMount to have no undo ZODB for that
instance

-huima