[Zope-CMF] CMFStaging is causing python to dump core (Skinned Folders can al so cause python to dump core)

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 23:02:25 +0100

THoffman@indtech.wa.gov.au writes:
 > I am trying to get CMFStaging to work
 > (from the code I understand what needs to happen, but the practicality
 > of making it work is proving far more difficuilt ;-(
 >
 > I am running Zope 2.6.0 on Solaris 8, with Python 2.1.3
 > and a snapshot of CMF from CVS as of 2002/11/04
 > Anyway if I use the Repository Aware workflow_tool from CMFStaging
 > and add a DCWorkflow (after editing Default.py so that I can add a
 > workflow) the minute I try and render any page (not through ZMI) python
 > is dumping core.
As far as I know, CMFStaging does not contain C code.
Then it should not cause a core dump, unless the C runtime stack
overflows. This can easily happen in a multithread application
(such as Zope) as then the runtime stack cannot be dynamically
extended.

Dieter