[Zope-CMF] Variables in content

Andy McKay andy@agmweb.ca
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 09:53:41 -0800

Im actually thinking something like this would be a good idea, I've got the
same thing on a site and they are currently relative links yuck. But I
really dont think something like DTML would be good idea. I can just people
saying things like why can't I do <dtml-sendmail...> and all those things.

Would a simple string substitution like a TAL expression be ok? Click here:
$portal_url/foobar for example

We could maybe add in a quick tool that defines a series of variables that
are available to the documents, so the site manager could specify values in
a controlled manner.
--
  Andy McKay
  www.agmweb.ca