[Zope-CMF] Variables in content

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:03:14 -0800

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 09:53:41AM -0800, Andy McKay wrote:
> Im actually thinking something like this would be a good idea, I've got the
> same thing on a site and they are currently relative links yuck. But I
> really dont think something like DTML would be good idea. I can just people
> saying things like why can't I do <dtml-sendmail...> and all those things.
>
> Would a simple string substitution like a TAL expression be ok? Click here:
> $portal_url/foobar for example

probably the TAL form ${portal_url} would be easier to parse reliably,
and less likely to have "false positives" when some marketroid
types in "click here to win $1million!!!"

Finicky details aside, something like that would be ideal, and much better
for my purposes than the CMFDynamicDocument because I want
this in both STX and HTML.

> We could maybe add in a quick tool that defines a series of variables that
> are available to the documents, so the site manager could specify values in
> a controlled manner.

That would be cool.

--

Paul Winkler