[Zope-CMF] Translation CMF Default skins ?

Gitte Wange gitte@mmmanager.org
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 23:43:21 +0100

Tres Seaver wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-11-14 at 09:27, Gitte Wange wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I am working on upgrading one of our portals to newest Zope/CMF/other
>>versions ...
>>During this upgrade, we are tranlating all skins using the i18n
>>attributes and TranslationService ...
>>
>>I was wondering whether the community would like to have access to the
>>skins once I finish entering the i18n attributes in all the skins ??
>>
>>The only reason why I ask here is because we would like to have access
>>to the translations in comining versions of CMF without having to
>>translate the stuff again.
>>So if I could just send the skins to Tres(?) or someone else once I'm
>>done - would you add it to cvs ?
>

> If the diffs are minimal (only adding 'i18n:foo' attributes, etc. -- no
> "function" or "layout" changes) and non-disruptive for sites which don't
> have any translation facilities (e.g., the pages work in a "stock" CMF /
> Zope), then we could just merge them in, along with whatever message
> catalogs, etc. you are using.

At this moment we are using the skins for the default portal types as
they are - so yes. All I want is to add the i18n attributes and set a
message catalogs. For our other products we have used the product name
as domain (so for the default stuff it would be something like 'cmfdefault')

> I presume this is your goal, and I would be glad to help get there.  If
> you have other changes, then we might should discuss them here first.

No - no changes for the skins (other than the ones mentioned above).
Changes besides this should be discussed in the community IMHO :-)

--
Gitte Wange
Tecnical Manager

If Microsoft built cars, If you were involved in a crash, you would have
no idea what happened.