[Zope-CMF] Searching portal_catalog using wildcards or regexp

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
15 Nov 2002 10:09:08 -0500

On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 06:31, Chris Withers wrote:
> Tres Seaver wrote:
> > that index would then support 'foo*'-style queries.  ZCTextIndexes
> > support globbing by default.
>
> You sure? I thought they behaved like Google, which doesn't support globbing...

UTSL! From the README:

Advantages of using ZCTextIndex over TextIndex:

- A new query language, supporting both explicit and implicit Boolean
  operators, parentheses, globbing, and phrase searching.  Apart from
  explicit operators and globbing, the syntax is roughly the same as
  that popularized by Google.

Tres.