[Zope-CMF] Creator info not properly cataloged

Ivo van der Wijk ivo@amaze.nl
Sat, 16 Nov 2002 23:52:12 +0100

On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 11:04:22PM +0100, Ivo van der Wijk wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 08:42:44PM +0100, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> > Ivo van der Wijk writes:
> >  > After putting my locally developed CMF site online, I noticed that
> >  > references to here/Creator were replaced with 'Anonymous User', while
> >  > the object definately had a proper owner (and still has).
> > "Creator" is defined by means of "getOwner".
> >
> > The Owner of your documents is apparently wrong.
> > Check, what "owner_info" tells you for your objects.
> >

> It returns 'Anonymous user'. It does this, because Owned.getOwner()
> attempts to find the userfolder the user is defined in, but fails,
> because the location (relative to the physicalRoot) changed.
>
> this part of getOwner to be more specific:
>
>         root=self.getPhysicalRoot()
>         udb=root.unrestrictedTraverse(udb, None)
>         if udb is None:
>             user = SpecialUsers.nobody
>         else:
>             user = udb.getUserById(oid, None)

I fixed it by now by modifying the paths using an external method,
recursively. Not a pretty solution, but at least my site works again.

I'm just still amazed I'm the only one with this problem (or am I just
doing something wrong somewhere?)

	Ivo

--
Drs. I.R. van der Wijk                                      -=-
Brouwersgracht 132                             Amaze Internet Services V.O.F.