[Zope-CMF] Lost Admin password

Phil Bradbury phil.bradbury@man.ac.uk
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 14:03:00 -0000

I guess many have done this, but no-one admits it!  ;-)

Is there any way, given that I have access to the file system on the server
where my Zope installation resides (a Win2K platform for playing with), of
either creating a new 'superuser' or finding out what the current details
are?

I've been tinkering with a plone site and LDAP authentication and in the
process have somehow managed to mess up the root Admin user password (well,
I changed it as the site was doing strange things looking in the acl_users
folder at root level before checking against the LDAP server). Now I have no
root access to be able to do anything!

I know the username (unless things have completely turned against me and
this has been altered) but the password is a mystery to me.

Thanks in advance,

Phil Bradbury