[Zope-CMF] CMFCollection 0.0.9 (pre alpha development release)

Grégoire Weber gregoire.weber@switzerland.org
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 13:06:50 +0100

Hi all!

I just released a pre alpha version (0.0.9) of CMFCollection.
It is the initial release. You probably haven't heard about
CMFCollection before.

CMFCollection allow manual content aggregation by putting
content in a defined order. A site can be built by exclusively
using collections. This is as easy a creating documents.
Different user can be given the rights to aggregate (group)
content on different subjects. CMFCollections separate the
process of creating content from the one aggregating content.
Creators don't have to think about metadata anymore. The site
structure gets one part of an content objects metadata.
CMFCollection helps you easyly generating site maps and
navigation structures.

Originaly I hoped to be able to release a more stable and
feature rich 0.1 version before the Rotterdam Sprint
Unfortunately I didn't have time to refactor the code and
eliminate known bugs. Be aware while looking at the code
that there are some really dark corners in there :-(.

I opened this pre alpha version to the community to give
other people the chance to comment on the idea and the
actual work. Contributiors are welcome.

Just to have it said: The actual version is **not** for
production use!

The actual version is in use on http://www.zope.ch. Development
will be carried on after the sprint in december. So hold on if
it is to early for you.

Downloads: http://www.zope.org/Members/gregweb/CMFCollection

Have a look at the documentation in the content package (the
bigger one). The documentation contains commented screen shots.

Greg
Grégoire Weber
Rigistr. 31
CH-8006 Zürich