[Zope-CMF] Workflow: Multiple Workflows per Object?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 03 Oct 2002 12:04:54 +0100

Florent Guillaume wrote:

>>I want to know what happens when you put a comma-seperated list of workflow ids
>>in the box next to a content type on the properties tab of the workflow tool.
>

> Well, what can happen? All workflows apply to the object :-) When a
> transition is requested, the workflow that has a transition with that
> name is used. When a variable is requested, the workflow that has a
> variable with that name is used.

What happens when or more workflows have transitions or variables with the same
name?

In my case, on workflow has an automatic transition from its initial state to a
second state. The other just had an initial state. The automatic transition
never fired. Shane, what would you expect to happen here?

>>Indeed. But addign more hooks is even less appealing.
>
> In this case a post-CMF-creation hook is quite legitimate.

Hmmm... what if the STI just had the portal_type passed as an argument and the
setPortalType machinery was made available as a method it could call?

cheers,

Chris