[Zope-CMF] Plone/Metadata/FUD

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 04 Oct 2002 15:04:38 +0100

Florent Guillaume wrote:
> I don't agree at all. CMFTopic has nothing "core" about it, it's simply
> a prepackaged catalog query. It should have been merged into CMFDefault
> but that's all.

Fair point.

> Ok, maybe CMFDefault should be distributed separately from CMFCore, and
> called CMFExamples, but really that's splitting hairs.

That's a good name, mmm..., maybe ExampleCMS would be better though? Like I
said, the 'CMF' bit at the start implies it's part of the core CMF.

I really don't think it's splitting hairs though. A lot of Mr Lange's complaints
may not have surfaced had this divide been clearer from the start.

cheers,

Chris

PS: You're still sending out those newsgroup headers :-(