[Zope-CMF] Plone/Metadata/FUD

Gitte Wange gitte@mmmanager.org
04 Oct 2002 16:06:18 +0200

On Fri, 2002-10-04 at 16:00, Chris Withers wrote:
> Gitte Wange wrote:
> >
> > (Took me about two minutes to figure out what what the keck PITA was -
> > here in Denmark it's a bread you put salad into *S*)
>
> Nah, that's a pita :-P

Arh :-)
But it taste good anyway :-)

> > I have never really figures out why DublinCore is located in CMFDefault
> > since all objects seem to use this module ...
>
> Indeed. DublicCore was supposed to be pluggable. In reality it isn't, and no-one
> does use alternative implementations (well, that I know about anyway...)

Well not a the moment no ...
But here at MM Manager we are missing some fields in the DublinCore
implementation. And therefore we have talked about our own
implementation. (And implementation with the same fields as the existing
and some additional fields). But we haven't started on it yet ...
So maybe the CMF-team should decide right now whether the DublinCore
module should be in CMFCore or CMFDefault before I start subclassing
anything :)
(Hate doing my work twice *S*)

--
Gitte Wange
Technical Manager

Email: gitte@mmmanager.org
Web: http://www.mmmanager.org
Tlf: +45 36 46 20 02

> We'll tell you when we try out the code you've written ;-)
Ahha, the classic open-source sanity pill/ thorn in my side....
What You Want Is What You Should Code Yourself ( WYWIWYSCY )

    -- Tom Smith: Zope Mailing List, About using ZODB as ODBC data
source.