[Zope-CMF] Plone/Metadata/FUD

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 14:07:23 +0000 (UTC)

Chris Withers  <chrisw@nipltd.com> wrote:
> > I have never really figures out why DublinCore is located in CMFDefault
> > since all objects seem to use this module ...
>
> Indeed. DublicCore was supposed to be pluggable. In reality it isn't,
> and no-one does use alternative implementations (well, that I know
> about anyway...)

DefaultDublinCoreImpl is the default Dublin Core implementation provided
in CMFDefault as an example. It's not designed to be extensible. It's an
example.

If one wants more flexible metadata, the right way to go about it is to
define another mixin class for DublinCore-like metadata, and use it in
you content objects. A flexible mixin would probably make use of the
Metadata Tool.

Florent