[Zope-CMF] nesting CMF sites

Erik Lange erik@mmmanager.org
Sat, 05 Oct 2002 00:21:00 +0200

At 12:05 AM 10/5/02, alan runyan wrote:
>is it typical pratice in production to nest CMF sites?

Hmm.. it's a bit complicated to get it right I think, so I doubt if it's
"typical".. there has to be a good reason to do it, or your better of with
individual sites.. I think..

>has anyone done this in production?

Yes, we've delivered a media production solution to a client, where each of
their clients ges a "sub-site".

All sites then uses the same "basic resources" (media servers in our case)
and our client can have various production teams for each of their clients,
as well as their base staff who have acces to all client sites, inheriting
their priviledges from the top-level site...

Is this what you mean by "nesting" ?

>   give any
>positive/negatives to this configuration?

Besides that it's a bit complicated and has to be though carefully through,
it's quite effective... as always with Zope :-)

Regards,
Erik