[Zope-CMF] DCWorkflow Worklists are very expensive

Karl Anderson kra@monkey.org
03 Oct 2002 22:45:33 -0700

Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com> writes:

> John Morton wrote:
> > Another is to change the worklists to just indicate
> > whether there are or are not any items in the worklist, using a catalog query
> > that stops on the first item found. I think this is theoretically possible,
> > but I don't know enough about the catalog to know for sure.
>
> ZCatalog can't do that.

ZCatalog returns LazyCats of LazyMaps.  In a perfect world, you don't
pay to find out what an element of such a sequence is until you look
at it, so only looking at the first worklist element *may* help.  I
haven't looked deep enough to see if this will turn out in this
situation, though.

--
Karl Anderson      kra@monkey.org           http://www.monkey.org/~kra/