semantics for portal folder workflow (was: Re: [Zope-CMF] trivial new portal folder type gives weird workflow/security behavior?)

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 15:39:43 +0000 (UTC)

chris  <chris@palefish.co.uk> wrote:
> btw, does anyone have a desired semantic for folder workflow? I've been
> having a think about this, I guess there are a number of possibilities.
> I wonder whether the following is sensible, although I have no idea if
> this would be readily implimentable.
>
> 'publishing' a folder simply 'publishes' all of its children
> 'retracting' a folder similarly 'retracts' all of its children
> the 'review_state' of  the folder is then calculated on the state of its
> children:
>   - 'published' if all children are 'published',
>   - 'private' if all children are 'private'
>   - 'mixed' otherwise.

The problem is that there are many more things to consider:
 - what state do you give to a newly created document in a published folder?
 - is the publishing of a document in a private folder allowed?
 - is the retracting of a document in a published folder allowed?
 - etc.

Any answer can be valid, depending on a site's policy.

Florent