[Zope-CMF] Understanding Folders and Workflow

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 15:43:23 +0000 (UTC)

Carl Rendell  <cer@sol43.com> wrote:
> A few of us have been discussing Folders and Workflow, and I'd like
> to get some closure on the subject.
>
> So far it appears that any folderish type which is governed by
> workflow will, on its initial workflow state change (private to
> published) change the allowedRolesAndUsers attribute for items
> within the folder's branch.
>
> This only occurs on the initial state transition though. Subciquent
> retraction/rejection and publishing does not have the same effect.
>
> The questions are..
>
> Is this a bug, or by design?

It's a bug in CMFDefault.DefaultWorkflow, see my other post.

> Should something be changed to make the behavior more consistent?
>
> Are folders or folderish types _supposed_ to be controlled via workflow?

They are supposed to be controllable by workflow, but because there is
no clear semantics, it's left to the developer to decide what to do, in
its content_status_modify script or equivalent.

Florent