[Zope-CMF] Acquisition.ImplicitAcquirerWrapper refcount keeps growing..?

Stoons - [ HeadNet ] stoons@headnet.dk
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 09:22:08 +0200

Hi there...

I am currently battling a "bug".... The Q is if it is my bug, a Zope bug or
a CMF bug...

Description of this bug:
I have made a [ brilliant if you ask me :-) ] dynamic navigation-system for
Zope-CMF using the source found on Brainjar.com - "Revenge of the Menu Bar"
, the javascript menu - supposed to be crossplatform [ - but it doesn't run
on Linux - Konqueror and maybe Mac - Internet Explorer, but I am not sure
about this, cause it is a very louzy Mac ;-) ]

The prob about this is that when I "update the menu" it makes
"Acquisition.ImplicitAcquirerWrapper" (You know on
/Control_Panel/DebugInfo/manage_main) grow... why..?

What I am doing is this:
search root for "Menu"-types...
for each "Menu"-type do this:
   add to the navigation
   look through the content of it, and if it is published and if it is
allowed:  add to navigation
  if it is a "Menu"-type do the same thing to it... (recursively)

I set Proxy to "Manager" for the PythonScript doing this, cause it sets a
variable with the contents of the navigation...

I have made a "hack'n'slash" "solution" to this by limitting the
"check-for-update" only when an Object is either: "content_status_modify" or
deleted...

But what is my/Zopes/CMFs problem...?  = (

( = Stoons = )

BTW: I will release this as soon as the bug is killed, splashed, dead ;-)