[Zope-CMF] re: workflow/security problem- 3rd try with more info

Kelley, Sean SKelley@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 09:04:08 -0700

Sorry for the lack of more detail on previous messages :-)
What I am running:
CMF 1.3 upgraded from 1.2
Zope 2.5.1
No DC Workflow (unless this is installed by default...don't know)
Security-  Anonymous has view and no more.  Managers have everything.
Situation- When a manager adds an item it is visible to anonymous even
though it is private.
If I go into workflow tool and click "update security settings"  it fixes
the individual item so that anonymous cannot see "private" items.
Question:  How do fix it so that when an item is added by managers it is not
automatically visible to anonymous (as private)?
>You did not tell us: - Zope version - CMF version - DCWorkflow version (if
applicable) Which workflow you use, did you customize their security
settings? Florent
I am having problems with private items showing up to those with view only
rights. I published something and went into the workflow tool and clicked
"update security settings" and it gets fixed for the particular item marked
private- It now does not show for view only users. I do have my site set for
view for anonymous and this works except that the private is marked view and
can therefore be seen. What can I do to get this to behave as expected
(anonymous does not see private)?
Sean