[Zope-CMF] Using expressions with Factory Type Information ?

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
09 Oct 2002 08:19:29 -0400

On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 03:56, Gitte Wange wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Using CMF-1.3 I have comed to love that I can create expressions for the
> actions of my tools. This gives me the possibility to test for a lot of
> other things than just permissions.
> But can I also do this with Factory Type Information ??
>
> Looking at the ZMI it doesn't look like it :-(
> But maybe there is some half-implemented, un-documented stuff that I
> haven't noticed ?
> I need to create an action for one of my content objects that doesn't
> appear when a permission is given, but when a condition is fullfilled
>
> Anyone who can point me in the right direction ?

I have a branch in CVS which makes TypeInformation objects also derive
from ActionProviderBase:

 <
http://cvs.zope.org/CMF/CMFCore/TypesTool.py?only_with_tag=tseaver-typeinfo_as_apb-branch>

I am planning to land this on the head soon (i.e., before the next
release).  It may have forward-compatibility issues, which is the major
blocker;  we would probably need to add a method to the TypesTool to
allow managers to upgrade their type objects in place.

Tres.