[Zope-CMF] editing the portal_workflow actions

Carl Rendell cer@sol43.com
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 09:39:24 -0700

On Wednesday, October 16, 2002, at 08:44  AM, zope-cmf-
request@zope.org wrote:

> On Tue, 2002-10-15 at 11:12, Lucas Bickel wrote:
>
>> After starting off with Zope, CMF I had quite a hard time to find
>> out about
>> the action-tab so i could finally rename the actions (i.e. Login,
>> Join, ...)
>>
>> The only actions I haven't yet found are the portal_workflow ones.
>>
>> I'm trying to change the Retract, Reject,... strings. Could
>> someone please
>> point me to there Location (in ZMI).
>
> The "stock" workflow shipped with the CMF is not configurable;
> you will
> need to download DCWorkflow and replace the workflows with one
> from that
> product, which will then permit you to change the labels
> associated with
> each transition.
>
>   http://cmf.zope.org/Members/hathawsh/DCWorkflow

Having just completed transitioning a number of deployments over to
DCWorkflow, I have to say that DCWorkflow is a better option if
you'll _ever_ need to make changes to workflow. It's actually
pretty straight forward if you start with the 'default_workflow
(Web-configurable workflow [Classic])' as your baseline. It allows
you see how the standard CMF workflow is done using DC. After that
you can move along to your own versions.

The DCWorkflow document is helpful to.

~C

Carl E. Rendell
Solution43
Information Distribution and Process Consulting
cer@sol43.com
sol43.com