[Zope-CMF] Portal catalog and allowedRolesAndUsers

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 16:48:31 +0000 (UTC)

Juan Antonio Valiño García  <juanval@usc.es> wrote:
> I have modified a local roles for a Document object trought Zope
> management view, and the portal catalog (allowedRolesAndUsers) don't
> reflect the changes I maked. I think that at some point the object
> don't is re-cataloged if you modify local roles from Zope management
> views. The problem was reproduced for folders too.
>
> If local roles are edited inside CMF screens (folder_localrole_form)
> all works OK.
>
> What's the problem? It's a bug?

The problem is that you should never use the ZMI to manipulate CMF
objects. There are certain CMF invariants that the ZMI doesn't know
about.

To fix your problem, you must recatalog your objects.

Florent

PS: you .sig is way too long.