[Zope-CMF] portal types and skins

Mark McEahern mark@mceahern.com
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 13:37:12 -0500

I'm using Zope 2.6 and CMF 1.3--both final.  When I create a portal type on
disk and copy it to $/zope/lib/python/Products and restart Zope, I
understand that I have to manually go to the root of the portal(s) and add
the type to the portal_types tool.  What I don't understand is why I have
to, in addition, go to portal_skins and add the filesystem directory views
for the skins folders that I registered inside the portal_type.  Seems like
there ought to be an event "added to portal_types" that my Product can
"listen" to, which, when it occurs, I can then have the Product (the portal
type) add the appropriate filesystem directory views (registered in
__init__.py).

What's most likely is that this is possible, I just don't know how to do
it--in which case, I would most appreciate any and all pointers.

Thanks,

// mark

-