[Zope-CMF] Newbie: DCWorkflow Question :-)

John Morton jwm@plain.co.nz
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 20:00:11 +1300

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002 16:34, John Paul Buenaventura wrote:
>  Hi,
>
>  I'm playing with the DCWorkflow(0.4) for a couple of
> days now .... and i think it is a great product... But
> is it applicable with the following scenario
> below????:  And is it possible to define 2 or more
> roles? For example I want Role X and Role Y to be
> able to submit Document and Publish by the Manager?

Each type of state and transition guards (permission, role, script) allows
you to specify several values, separated by semicolons. These values are
"or'ed" together so to allow role x and role y to submit a document, you'd
change the submit transition's role guard to "role x; role y".

This stuff should be in the DCWorkflow help section in the latest version of
DCWorkflow, so have a look in there for more details.

>   I want to limit the list of addable content types by
> role. For example, I want users in role X to only be
> able to add 5 things but let managers add all item
> types. I tried changing the security in portal_types
> for each individual type to remove view except for
> manager. This of course removed view capability for
> role x as well as well as the ability to add these
> types. I still want them to see the type if the
> manager adds it. How can this be accomplished?

AFAIK, you'd need to change the permissions on the various 'Add foo'
permissions, rather than View. However rather a lot of different portal
content types are managed under Add Portal Content, so if you want to
differentiate, you'd need to set up new permissions in code.

John