[Zope-CMF] Users can't authenticate themselves...

Josef Meile jmeile@hotmail.com
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 11:32:12 -0000

Hi,

I'm trying to help somebody with her new zope site. We started from
the beggining with Zope 2.5.1 and CMF 1.3. I searched on the
newsgroup and found that one can have problems with some versions of
apache, but actually we are not running it. So I don't know why the
custom login form doesn't work. I've tried:

<dtml-if "not portal_membership.isAnonymousUser()">
  <dtml-call "RESPONSE.redirect('login_form?
afterAction=http://www.mysite.com/foo')">
<dtml-else>
  Do something else
</dtml-if>

And also:

<dtml-if "not portal_membership.isAnonymousUser()">
  <dtml-var "login_form
(_.None,_,afterAction='http://www.mysite.com/foo')">
<dtml-else>
  Do something else
</dtml-if>

afterAction is just an URL of a method where the user will be
redirected if he's successfully authenticated.

It works in my own website which has CMF 1.1 and Zope 2.5.1. But it
doesn't work in the new one. I always get the login failure message.
(That's one of the reasons I haven't updated my own website jet)

The login_form is the same that comes with CMF 1.3, but we use a
customized header and footer instead of standard_html_header and
standard_html_footer respectively. We are not using the current
layout of CMF, instead of it, we use a frame-based setup according to
our needs. It means that we don't use the actions_box and many other
functions of CMF.

Does somebody knows what the problem could be?

Thanks in advanced,
Josef.